So I’ve accepted it, I am a product junkie! I can admit it, isn’t that the first step in recovery anyway? There is no better feeling than searching through the aisles of a beauty supply store and discovering a hair product that intrigues me. If the ingredients meet my approval and it isn’t too pricey, I will more than likely cop that bad boy. If you too suffer from being a PJ, one way to feed your addiction may be through a CurlBox subscription.
For $20 a month, subscribers are sent a CurlBox with all types of goodies in it. The box usually contains coupons, 2 to 3 full hair size products, and a few samples. I signed up for the CurlBox in June of 2012 and since then have received a box every month. My favorite CurlBox was in October 2012 because this box had Henna in it and for some reason that tickled my fancy! LOL
Not all CurlBoxes will have the same products but in the January CurlBox I received the following:
- An Evolve Brush – Pretty cool, I need a new quality brush.
- Soy Organics Anti Breakage Moisturizer – It smells good. After glancing through the lists of ingredients, I’m not to crazy about all of them but I will still give it a try and decide if it works for me.
- Oyin Juices and Berrys -I think I’m in love with this one! I used some this morning and my hair feels great. I will probably purchase more when the bottle is empty.
- Mizani Supreme Oil – This is a pretty good sample size, it looks like its more for deep treatments. I’ve always been a fan of Mizani products so I’m excited to try this one.
- Number 1 – Figure out when the subscription list opens. Most of the time its on a Saturday at 3PM. You can go to the CurlBox website and request to receive updates about when the subscription list opens. Or follow them on a social network (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) and they will post information about the next time that the subscription list opens.
- Number 2 – Get to a computer 30 minutes before the subscription list opens. Okay, I’m exaggerating but it is important to place the subscription in your shopping cart and order the subscription as soon as it becomes available. So if the list opens at 3 PM, you want to be on the website at 3 o clock on the dot. There is a limited supply so they usually sell out quick.
- Number 3 – After you order your subscription and receive the confirmation email, sit back and relax because your CurlBox will be arriving at your door shortly. (Shortly meaning the next month that they ship out)